Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dr. Mist and Saywards Homemade Deo



I've been experimenting with deodorants over the last years. I started making my own several months back. I tried rubbing alcohol or witch hazel in a spray bottle (worked pretty well, but not for the long haul). The best homemade deodorant recipe that I found was off this website. http://bonzaiaphrodite.com

Sayward’s Homemade Deodorant Recipe

1/3 cup Corn Starch
1/3 cup Baking Soda
10 drops of Antibacterial Essential Oil (tea tree, lavender, or eucalyptus)
10 drops of Antifungal Essential Oil (tea tree, peppermint, sandalwood, or eucalyptus)
2 tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
Mix everything up in a bowl until it forms a thick paste. Transfer to your storage container and then allow 24 hours to ’set up’. I used an old deodorant container ’cause it looks so cute and I thought it was neat, but I don’t recommend it. In the future I’ll be using a shallow, wide-mouthed jar, applying the deo with my fingertips.

I ran out of homemade deodorant recently and went to the superstore for a quick fix. I pushed past the highly fragrant and carcinogenic anti-perspirants and came across Dr. Mist. An all natural deodorant that boasts NO ALUMINUM, NO OILS, NO FRAGRANCE, NO ALCOHOL, NO Coloring AND IS 100% STAIN FREE! Dr. Mist kills body odor for up to 3 days even if bathing is not possible and works on even the most sensitive skin. But, the most intriguing part is that it won the 29th Geneva International Invention and Innovation Award. What? Why? So intrigued. The only ingredients are filtered water, sodium, calcium and magnesium. The inspiration for this spray was the minerals from the dead sea. It seems all brilliance is inspired from nature. It seems to be going quite well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment